Pool Safely Pledge, 2017
As part of our commitment to water safety education, we are proud to partner with Pool Safely, a national drowning prevention campaign aimed at ending fatal and nonfatal child drownings and entrapments. Three years ago, the campaign launched the Pool Safely Pledge, a call to action and commitment to keeping families safer in and around water. With our help, over 60,000 people have signed the Pledge, including Olympic champions Michael Phelps and Katie Ledecky. Summer swim season is not over yet! If you haven’t taken the Pledge, please take a moment to do so now by visiting https://www.poolsafely.gov/pledge. After you’ve taken it, #PledgeItOn by passing it onto your friends and family by tagging them on social media. Thank you for your commitment to water safety!
The Pool Safely Pledge:
I pledge that I will…
- Designate a water watcher every single time children in my care are in or near the water.
- Make sure my kids know how to swim.
- As a parent or guardian, learn CPR.
- Always remove portable pool ladders when not in use.
- Ensure all permanent pools have a proper fence and gate and safer drain covers