Why Use A Service?
Would you swim in a dirty pool? No. But we bet you don’t want to be the one to clean it up either. Pool cleaning is a pretty big undertaking. Most homeowners know that there’s so much more to it than just fishing debris out of the water. Thankfully, pool cleaning companies exist to take this specific burden off your shoulders.
If you’re new to owning a pool and unsure of what to do, pool service guys might as well be your new best friends. In case you didn’t know this yet, having the right levels of chemicals all the time is essential to the cleanliness of your pool. Put in the wrong amount and you may wake up to murky water one day.
Basic Pool Cleaning Services
Just because you’re new to all this doesn’t mean you can’t check if the pool cleaning company is doing all the necessary works. Here are the regular cleaning services that the pool company you hire must do:
- Check the pool equipment and hardware to see if they are all working as expected
- Vacuum the bottom of the pool with a portable service vac
- Brush the side of the pool
- Remove debris from the pool’s floor
- Clean the skimmer and pump baskets
- Skim the water line and clear it of any blockages
- Test the water chemistry
- Ensure that the pH levels are balanced
- Add chlorine to kill contaminants
Additional Pool Cleaning Services
It’s great to have your pool serviced regularly. From time to time, however, you may need more than basic maintenance jobs. Backwashing your pool filters at least once a year helps relieve pressure and restores the flow rate.
Also, you may notice your pool water level dropping faster than usual. This is usually a tell-tale sign of leaking. The source of the leak may be structural or at the pump. In any case, contact a pool technician or service company immediately.