Pool Safety Fence
Katchakid Mesh Pool Fence: Product Summary
Pool Fence Mesh Material
The Katchakid removable pool fence mesh panels are constructed from Textilene® (T70/0 DMS ) manufactured in the USA by Twitchell Corp. The material is a PVC-coated polyester, basket woven, knit fabric. The material is compliant to:
- ASTM D5034-95 Test governing breaking strength and elongation.
- ASTM D3787-89 Constant-rate-traverse (CRT) ball burst test.
- ASTM G53-96 Practice for operating light and water exposure apparatus for exposure.
More detail specifications include:
- Test specimen identifies fabric at .025″ diameter vinyl coated 1000 denier polyester yarn in both warp and fill direction.
- Average breaking force: 357.7 Ibfbf warp directions, 384.8lbf fill direction
- Average Elongation: 24.7% warp direction, 28.4% fill direction.
- Number of yarns is greater than 25 in warp and fill.
Pool Fence Poles
The Katchakid removable pool fence has sufficient strength and structural integrity to prevent buckling under a 200 lb load from any direction.
More detailed specifications include:
- When subjected to two hundred pounds (200lbs) of horizontal force applied from 48inches above the grade, the maximum horizontal deflection of the top of any post was less than 8 inches. All posts returned to under one inch of the original position after the force was removed.
- When subjected to two hundred pounds (200lbs) of horizontal force applied from 36 inches above the grade, the maximum horizontal deflection of the top of any post was less than 8 inches. All posts returned to under one inch of the original position after the force was removed.
- When subjected to fifty pounds of force from any direction, the maximum vertical clearance between the bottom of the barrier and the grade was under 2 inches. All posts returned to under one inch of the original position after the force was removed.
Katchakid Removable Pool Fencing: ASTM F2286-16
Katchakid removable fencing is typically installed as per the ASTM F2286-16 standard to include, but not limited to, the following requirements:
- The access gate opens away from the swimming pool.
- There will be a clear zone of at least 20 inches between the barrier and swimming pool.
- The gate is self-closing and self-latching and is placed no lower than 60 inches above the ground. The gate is hinged, and the latch is placed on the outside of the gate. Katchakid uses the award winning Magna Latch and Tru-Close hinges from D & D Tech on its pool barrier fencing.
- The fence height on both sides of the grade will be above 48 inches.
- The vertical clearance from the grade to the enclosure bottom will not exceed 1 inch.
- Gaps and voids within the fence will not allow passage of a sphere equal or greater to 4 inches.
- The fence is surface will be free of protrusions, cavities and other characteristics that would serve as a handhold or foothold. The distance between the vertical poles is sufficient to hinder a child’s ability to climb.
- Vertical posts will extend 4 inches into the grade and be spaced 36 inches apart.
- Mesh fabric panels are manufactured for Katchakid Inc. by Twitchell. The material Textilene T70 DMS conforms to tensile strength standard ASTM D 5034, burst strength standard ASTM D 3787, and material discoloration standard ASTM G 154.
- The molding strips attaching the mesh to the vertical posts on the Katchakid fencing contain a minimum of 8 x 1/2-inch screws with a minimum of two screws at the top and two at the bottom. The remaining screws are spaced a maximum of 6 inches apart on the center.
- Each Katchakid barrier section will attach by a spring-actuated safety gate hook placed no lower than 45 inches.